NSP 14’0 SONIC PRO CARBON RACE SUP 22″
The Sonic is NSPs pure open-water, downwind raceboard that also performs exceptionally well in crosswind and upwind conditions. These boards are at their very best when you hit some chop or string together bump after a bump on ocean swell.
The evolution of the Sonic focuses on increasing stability by lowering the centre of gravity and adopting the tail shape of the incredibly efficient Carolina raceboard.
By lowering the centre of gravity riders are able to choose a more narrow board, in turn leading to an increase in speed.
NSP adopted the tail shape of the Carolina, our most versatile race board. The flattish-square tail allows you to push over the bumps in the open ocean swell, while on the flats, the tail sits higher in the water, generating more planing speed.
Inside the cockpit, exclusively in the standing area, we cut out the rails in key areas to enable a wider stance. This subtle tweak rewards riders with additional stability and more comfort. Stability allows riders to focus on winning instead of compensating, especially when riding off the back of the board.
If you are committed to racing, improving your personal best and downwind skills; choose what our pros race and pick a 22”. For anyone else, we recommend the 24.25” with the width and stability to keep you on board and get you across the finish line early.
Thickness Recessed Deck
• The Sonic is fully wrapped in Pro Carbon technology with extra carbon innegra reinforcements around the nose, tail and lip of the cockpit.
• Heightened rail lip around cockpit reduces water intake in the standing area. • Recessed deck allowing for a low centre of gravity and adds stability.
• High-performance tail for getting onto bumps easily and powering across the flat sections.
• Accelerator Vacuum System (AVS) for quick water drain from the cockpit.
• Dug-out rails for wider stance creates additional width and improves stability
Designed and developed exclusively for NSP by Keith McCulloch and Mike Wazenski, the NSP 22 and 24 racing fins are designed to deliver top performance: expect excellent tracking, stability, efficiency, speed and easy acceleration.
Delivery: please expect 2 days for delivery